Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Thought Obama Was The Hope President

Health Reform and Cancer - WSJ.com: "I have been battling non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, an incurable blood cancer, for the past nine years. Last year, I was also diagnosed with uterine cancer.

I didn’t run to Canada for treatment. Medicare took care of my needs right here in New York City. To endure, I just need the freedom to choose my insurance, my doctors, and get the diagnostic scans and care I need. And one more thing: I need hope that a treatment will be developed that can control my diseases the way insulin controls diabetes.

Every cancer patient needs these things, especially hope. But the government’s plan to reform the health-care system in this country threatens all of this—particularly the development of new treatments."


She's right. The Lefties are going to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs (miracle drugs, innovative treatments and surgeries, etc.). Their plan for the health care system will squash the incentives that today make the US the engine of health care innovation for the world. They don't seem to realize that after it's dead, the goose doesn't keep on laying those golden eggs.





No comments:

Post a Comment